Watch now! National Seed Platform Webinar on PVP Act
This webinar took place on October 26 and explored the PVP Act and its potential for agricultural transformation in Nigeria.
The webinar had the following objectives:
- Update stakeholders on the potential of PVP Act to promote increased staple crop productivity for smallholder farmers in Nigeria through investment in plant breeding and crop variety development
- Popularize the PVP Act as an incentive to plant Breeders for the development of new varieties to contribute to sustainable progress in agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
- Create awareness on progress of the administration and implementation of the PVP System for a better Agricultural Transformation in Nigeria
- Ojogu, Ekum Oba, Agricultural Development & Food Security Expert, NASC
- Dr. Philip Ojo, Director General, NASC
- Mr. Arch Kabiru Ibrahim, President, All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN)
- Dr. Folarin Okelola, STA to DG, NASC
- Prof. Chidozie Egesi, President, Nigerian Plant Breeders Association
- Dr. Hadiza Yaro, Business Development ManagerEast West Seed International
- Mr. Olumide Ibikunle, Commercial Lead, Corteva Agriscience
- Mr. Raoul Haegens, Manager, Naktuinbouw
Full webinar recording: